- First solar power plant in Western Visayas inaugurated - The first-ever solar power plants established by Cosmo Solar Energy Inc. (CSEI) in Panay, Guimaras, and Iloilo have been formally inaugurated on Thursday (September 9) generating 5.67 megawatt of energy output.
- Town of Holland showcases solar energy - A town in Holland held an open house to showcase a $54,000 system to show residents how solar power works.
- Top solar energy provider begins residential service in Austin - SolarCity started offering residential solar power installment in Austin.
- Tornado damages National Guard camp’s new solar energy project - A storm carrying a small tornado damaged a new solar panel array at Minnesota National Guard’s Camp Ripley near Little Falls.
- Lethbridge Corn Maze turns to solar energy - Theo and Esther Slingerland have turned to solar energy installed by Solar Optix to make their 20-year old corn farm greener.